Bzzz, bzzz ~

My Photo
Nicole Martin
New Jersey
Remixing my wardrobe to create buzz-worthy, office-approved outfits! Find out more at: Creating Panache.
View my complete profile

Subscribe

Cross Pollination

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Shorts & Lace


"There's a radio in the corner
It's dying to make a scene
So give me soft, soft static
With a human voice underneath
And we can both get old fashioned
Put the brakes on these fast, fast wheels
Oh let's get old fashioned
Back to how things used to be
If I get old, old fashioned
Would you get old, old fashioned with me?"
~Frightened Rabbit "Old Fashioned"



Date: November 10, 2010
Message ensemble: Going for a preppy look today, but added a bit of lace for more texture.  As if wool and corduroy weren't enough ;)  Also, I did not have any major meetings today, so the wool shorts would be ok.  I have probably already mentioned this, but I do not wear these shorts on days where I have big meetings or when I know that I'll be meeting with directors, VPs, or new employees.  Even though the Day Job is pretty laid back, I always want to make a good impression and do not want to put anyone off with my different taste in work wear.


shirt: Limited (gift) ~ blazer: Old Navy ($??) ~ shorts: Anthropologie ($35) ~ shoes: Steve Madden via Famous Footwear ($14) ~ necklace: Macy's ($11)

Though I'm cautious as to when I will wear these shorts, I've donned them quite a bit.  Here are the older posts... which one do you like best?

July 14, 2010
July 28, 2010
September 22, 2010
November 2, 2010


Trusted Colleagues

Dresses from Shabby Apple
indi custom banner

Recognition