Bzzz, bzzz ~

My Photo
Nicole Martin
New Jersey
Remixing my wardrobe to create buzz-worthy, office-approved outfits! Find out more at: Creating Panache.
View my complete profile

Subscribe

Cross Pollination

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Chambray & Lace Up Booties


"Don't say that you would have it any other way, 
cos it's a pretty good day to let it get back to you. 
It pays, but not enough to make you stay, 
it lost all it's cache, and you're dancing on your own."
~Suckers "Martha"




Date: November 3, 2010
Ensemble message:  Oh hey there!  What was that?  Those shoes?  Yes, they are new.  And yes, they were a bit of a splurge – for me at least.  (It’s all relative.)  But let me explain the reasoning that went through my head as I spent a looong time debating this purchase.  All in all, I needed really wanted a pair of black booties.  I have black flats, strappy shoes that won’t work in the cooler temps, and mary janes which are just too sweet sometimes.  Most booties that I’ve seen are along the worker boot trend (chunky, lots of buckles) or dressy (super high/skinny heels).  Of course I have to make my search difficult by wanting something in between.  Also, some are wider around the ankle area, which doesn’t look right on me or even fit me at all. 

shirt: Old Navy ($25) ~ vest: Modells, believe it or not! ($25) ~ skirt: H&M (old $?) ~ shoes: Sam Edelman via Nordstrom Rack  ($100) ~ necklace: gift

Behold my first ever pair of Sam Edelman shoes!  They satisfy the work boot trend with laces and loops attached to the back (not pictured – fail).  However, they are also office appropriate because of the heel, peep toe, and overall sleek look.  Sleek is really key here because it allows me to tuck these bad boys under pants or jeans too.  Long story made short, I had doubts but now I. Am. In. Love!


Ok, now onto the rest of the outfit!  I can’t exactly pinpoint where I got the inspiration for this look… I think I was reminded of wearing this shirt with a black skirt by Krystal of This Time tomorrow.  Either way, I have worn a warmer weather version of this outfit and I’m more than happy to stretch my chambray shirt into the cooler temps!



Trusted Colleagues

Dresses from Shabby Apple
indi custom banner

Recognition