Bzzz, bzzz ~

My Photo
Nicole Martin
New Jersey
Remixing my wardrobe to create buzz-worthy, office-approved outfits! Find out more at: Creating Panache.
View my complete profile

Subscribe

Cross Pollination

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Give Back This Holiday Season


These days, we are constantly hearing about people in need.  And not just around the holiday season… economic hardship is an unfortunate constant that doesn’t look like it’s going away any time soon.  But since the holidays are upon us, I want to take the opportunity to encourage all of my dear readers to donate in some way.  Below is a list of a variety of causes and how you can help.

Your first thought might be to donate money or necessities.  While this is of course fantastic and generous, I realize that my audience is pretty widespread, and some of you may not have money to spare.  That’s ok!  My list includes ways to donate used goods or even some of your time.  Either way, this is the time of year to be thankful for what you have, whether it’s a little or a lot.  While reflecting, think about those who truly have next to nothing, and how much they would appreciate your generosity.

Personally, I will be buying a gift to donate to the Day Job’s toy drive, which benefits the Boys & Girls club.  I also believe that the HR department will once again do community service the day of our holiday party, which I will participate in. 


Monetary Donations and Donation of Goods:

For those who want to help…
Feed others: Community Food Bank
Sick children: Make A Wish Foundation
            The environment: Rainforest Alliance
           

Donate Used or Inexpensive Goods:

For those who want to give…
            Food donations: Feeding America
            Everything from household goods to cars to airline miles (no, really!): Salvation Army
            Clothing & household goods picked up at your door: Pick Up Please
            Through internet auction: Giving Works
           

Volunteer Your Time:

For those who want to help…
            Feed others: Meals on Wheels
A child feel loved: Boys & Girls Club
Someone down on their luck: Help USA

…or, find an organization near you: Volunteer Match

What’s your favorite charity??  Tell me how you’ll donate or volunteer this year!

Trusted Colleagues

Dresses from Shabby Apple
indi custom banner

Recognition