Bzzz, bzzz ~

My Photo
Nicole Martin
New Jersey
Remixing my wardrobe to create buzz-worthy, office-approved outfits! Find out more at: Creating Panache.
View my complete profile

Subscribe

Cross Pollination

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Preppy & Patterned



Date: November 2, 2010
Ensemble message: Lately, my days have either been pretty slow or so busy I feel like I’m drowning.  All or nothing – very annoying!  Today was a “nothing” day where I had one very short meeting with a director.  Since I knew my audience (this director is cool and not super serious), I knew I could get away with the funky tights and wool shorts.

cashmere sweater: gift ~ button down: from the Day Job (our logo is on it - I've worn it recruiting) ~ shorts: Anthropologie ($25) ~ boots: Bandolino via Macy's (~$85) ~ earrings: gift

This was the outfit that I was picturing last time I wore these tights – but only once I got to work!  I have to say though… this is definitely not a favorite of mine.  I think it’s too matchy-matchy for my taste.  The purple sweater goes great with the purple in the tights, and the green of my shorts is pretty darn close too.  Too much for me I think… instead, next time I wear these it will be with less colors and a little sleeker than my bulky shirt/sweater combo.  I’m thinking a navy blue dress, which of course I don’t own, but now I’ll be on the lookout!


Oh and sorry for less photos than normal… it was just about freezing when I took these and couldn’t handle any longer without a coat or gloves!

Trusted Colleagues

Dresses from Shabby Apple
indi custom banner

Recognition