Bzzz, bzzz ~

My Photo
Nicole Martin
New Jersey
Remixing my wardrobe to create buzz-worthy, office-approved outfits! Find out more at: Creating Panache.
View my complete profile

Subscribe

Cross Pollination

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, November 29, 2010

Tie Front Sweater & Wool



sweater: Banana Republic ($25) ~ skirt: Ann Taylor Loft outlet ($4) ~ shoes: Marc Fischer via Macy's ($36) ~ earrings: gift 
Date: November 29, 2010
Ensemble message: Despite having a glorious 4 days off from work, which included lots of sleeping, eating, and time with family and friends, I have been forced quickly back to the real world with a big meeting at work today.  So while I really wanted to wear a comfy sweater over a summer dress for a more casual feel, I instead pulled out some go-to work basics: a wool skirt and tie-neck sweater.


Let's admit it... together, they are ok.  The bow is fun, but there's nothing much exciting going on here.  I was guaranteed to look professional in front of a room of directors, but I wouldn't be memorable.  In my attempt to liven things up a bit, instead of nude hose or brown tights, I went with maroon.  A little pop against a canvas of light colors bordering on neutral.  Add some colored pearls, and I was ready to go!  Still not a favorite, but it worked.


What did you toss on this morning, while still in a food coma??

Trusted Colleagues

Dresses from Shabby Apple
indi custom banner

Recognition