Bzzz, bzzz ~

My Photo
Nicole Martin
New Jersey
Remixing my wardrobe to create buzz-worthy, office-approved outfits! Find out more at: Creating Panache.
View my complete profile

Subscribe

Cross Pollination

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010

If the Rain Comes...



tank: Express (gift) ~ shorts: Anthropologie ~ blazer: Zara ~ shoes: Nine West outlet ~ earrings: gift (maybe from Cape Cod??)

Date: July 14, 2010
Ensemble message: Once again, I had the tricky task of dressing for an ice-cold office in swampy weather.  My solution - strategic layers.  The tank was a perfectly playful base to go along with the shorts.

Wait, shorts at work?!?  Yes indeed... these olive green wool shorts are a favorite of mine.  When I bought them in February (a birthday gift to myself), they seemed less risky as office-wear with tights and boots for additional coverage.  As the weather got warmer, I decided to risk it bare-legged because realistically, the shorts give just as much coverage as some of my skirts.  Also, I work in an environment that trends closer to the "casual" end of business casual (yes, I'm talking to you, jeans-and-graphic-tees-on-a-daily-basis people ;)

Finally, the white blazer is the tailored piece that brings everything together.  Adding one piece that juxtaposes the rest can completely transform an outfit.  Think of it as controlled clashing - two opposites can actually work well together.  Maybe this look is more Bermuda business casual, but hey, the weather fits the bill!



Trusted Colleagues

Dresses from Shabby Apple
indi custom banner

Recognition