Bzzz, bzzz ~

My Photo
Nicole Martin
New Jersey
Remixing my wardrobe to create buzz-worthy, office-approved outfits! Find out more at: Creating Panache.
View my complete profile

Subscribe

Cross Pollination

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, July 14, 2010

If the Rain Comes...



tank: Express (gift) ~ shorts: Anthropologie ~ blazer: Zara ~ shoes: Nine West outlet ~ earrings: gift (maybe from Cape Cod??)

Date: July 14, 2010
Ensemble message: Once again, I had the tricky task of dressing for an ice-cold office in swampy weather.  My solution - strategic layers.  The tank was a perfectly playful base to go along with the shorts.

Wait, shorts at work?!?  Yes indeed... these olive green wool shorts are a favorite of mine.  When I bought them in February (a birthday gift to myself), they seemed less risky as office-wear with tights and boots for additional coverage.  As the weather got warmer, I decided to risk it bare-legged because realistically, the shorts give just as much coverage as some of my skirts.  Also, I work in an environment that trends closer to the "casual" end of business casual (yes, I'm talking to you, jeans-and-graphic-tees-on-a-daily-basis people ;)

Finally, the white blazer is the tailored piece that brings everything together.  Adding one piece that juxtaposes the rest can completely transform an outfit.  Think of it as controlled clashing - two opposites can actually work well together.  Maybe this look is more Bermuda business casual, but hey, the weather fits the bill!



Trusted Colleagues

Recognition