Bzzz, bzzz ~

My Photo
Nicole Martin
New Jersey
Remixing my wardrobe to create buzz-worthy, office-approved outfits! Find out more at: Creating Panache.
View my complete profile

Subscribe

Cross Pollination

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, November 1, 2010

Sheer Shirt Remix


"Even when my luck is down
I take joy in knowing that our love grows"
~Yeasayer "Madder Red"



Date: October 28, 2010
Ensemble message: Last Thursday, I decided to wear this grey dress, which is made out of a sweatshirt type material.  The frock is from Fossil, and it was a specific Christmas request made to Mama Claus.  I was psyched to open it on Christmas morning, but soon became frustrated that it didn't mix real well with my wardrobe.

dress: Fossil (gift) ~ shirt: American Rag via Macy's ($25) ~ boots: Bandolino (ancient... ~$85) ~ necklace/earrings: gift

Until last week, the only way I've worn the dress is as is with a statement necklace or scarf or with a long sleeve tee underneath.  I always figured that a layer OVER the dress wouldn't work because of the thicker material.  It's hard to tell, but the dress holds it's shape vs. "falling" on my body.  But Thursday I decided to go out on a limb, totally expecting to be a little disappointed with the results.  However, I love this outfit!!!  The looser shirt is a good match for the stiffer material, and the brown boots break up the darker grey/black.


What do you think?  How else would you remix this dress??

Trusted Colleagues

Dresses from Shabby Apple
indi custom banner

Recognition