Bzzz, bzzz ~

My Photo
Nicole Martin
New Jersey
Remixing my wardrobe to create buzz-worthy, office-approved outfits! Find out more at: Creating Panache.
View my complete profile

Subscribe

Cross Pollination

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Photo Job Shadow: Full-Time College Student

It's time for another edition of Photo Job Shadow!  Reader and fellow blogger Caitlin approached me about being a part of this project as a full-time student.  She quickly related balancing classes, homework, and other activities to having a full-time job, and she's right.  My college days were jam packed as well, and most days I didn't see my dorm room for 12 hours straight.  Thinking back, I'm not sure how I did it all!  Caitlin, I give you and other active college students major kudos for doing it all - keep up the great work!

Full-Time College Student

Name: Caitlin
Blog: Re-Mix-Her
Industry: Academics

Quick summary of your day: I’m currently a junior in college with a full-time load of classes. I’m majoring in professional writing and minoring in public relations and Biblical languages (Greek and Hebrew). As a student, each day differs; for instance, I have no classes on Thursdays, but on Wednesdays (the day I took pictures of), I’m in class for over five hours.

7-7:50 am Getting ready for the day, putting on my makeup, watching a big of The Office while I get ready
7-750


8-8:20 am – Eating breakfast at the dining commons and studying for a test
8-820

8:30-11 am – Going to classes and chapel
830-11

11 am-12 pm I have a break for about an hour, during which I typically go back to my dorm room and finish some homework
11-12

12-1 pm Eating lunch at the dining commons with some of the girls from my dorm wing
12-1

1-1:50 pm Going to class
1-150

2:-5:30 pm – I have another break from classes that I use for a number of things. Sometimes I need to run errands (like on this particular day during which I went to WalMart to buy a new umbrella), to work on my blog and homework with a little French press coffee, or to do homework at the local coffee shop.
2-530 2


2-530 3


2-530 1

5:30-6:30 pm (no picture) – Eating dinner at the dining commons

6:30-9:30 pm  Depending on the day, I either have class during this time, a seminar to attend, an intramural game to watch, or I work out.
630-930 1

630-930 2

9:30-midnight  I spend the rest of my night hanging out with girls on my wing, watching movies, doing homework, and getting my blog post ready for the next day. I also pick out my outfit ahead of time.
930-12

Trusted Colleagues

Dresses from Shabby Apple
indi custom banner

Recognition