Bzzz, bzzz ~

My Photo
Nicole Martin
New Jersey
Remixing my wardrobe to create buzz-worthy, office-approved outfits! Find out more at: Creating Panache.
View my complete profile

Subscribe

Cross Pollination

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, October 12, 2010

I Want to be Where Your Heart is Home



jacket: Ann Taylor Loft ($15) ~ lst: Old Navy ($8) ~ skirt: Zara ($35) ~ shoes: Marc Fischer via Macy's ($36) ~ belt: UO ($14) ~ necklaces: gifts

Date: October 12, 2010
Ensemble message:  Hey guys, has this ever happened to you?  You plan out what to wear for the day or perhaps even throw something on spontaneously… After checking yourself out in the mirror, you give the good ol’ stamp of approval and leave.  Then, a few hours later, you stop and think “OMG, this would look ten times better if I wore this instead of this!!”


That’s totally what happened to me today.  It’s a slow work week so I figured it would be a good time to break out my new floral tights.  Looking at the colors in the tights (which are kinda hard to see in the photos: dark blue, lime green, lavender), I then pulled out my denim pencil skirt and green swing jacket.  This morning I finished off the outfit with the long sleeve tee, belt, and shoes.  Once I got to work, it hit me…I should have work my olive wool shorts and lavender sweater!  Oh well, I’ll file that idea away for another week – maybe next week? :)


I am glad I didn’t have any big meetings today because at one point, my (male) director said to me “Those are some wild stockings.”  LOL!!!  I wasn’t sure if it was a compliment or critique, but he did follow up with a chuckle and “Very nice.”  I don’t think he gets my style at all, ha! ;)

Trusted Colleagues

Dresses from Shabby Apple
indi custom banner

Recognition