Bzzz, bzzz ~

My Photo
Nicole Martin
New Jersey
Remixing my wardrobe to create buzz-worthy, office-approved outfits! Find out more at: Creating Panache.
View my complete profile

Subscribe

Cross Pollination

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, February 17, 2011

Slim & Sleek

P1010795

P1010811

P1010794
turtleneck: Gap (gift) ~ skirt: Banana Republic (old - $35?) ~ belt: UO ($14) ~ shoes: Marc Fischer via Macy's ($36) ~ necklace: Macy's ($11) ~ earrings: Jess LC ($15 on sale)

Date: February 15, 2011
Ensemble message: I was just going for something simple on Tuesday... I was still not quite with it yet after a week off, but I think for a last minute outfit, it works!  Those tights are sage green by the way... but they look grey in the photos.  Sort of a mod look, no?  Maybe it's just the black turtleneck :)

P1010810

P1010804

P1010816

I'm also seriously obsessing with keeping my skirts high on my hips.  One of the Lucky Magazine editors said in the March 2011 edition (sorry, I can't remember and don't have the mag in front of me!) though it might be counterintuitive, wearing higher waist lines can create the illusion of a longer torso.  I still stand behind this belief despite a couple readers' opinions from this post.  Maybe the skirt was too full or too long?  Or did it actually look fab?  What's your opinion of high waisted skirts?

Trusted Colleagues

Dresses from Shabby Apple
indi custom banner

Recognition