Bzzz, bzzz ~

My Photo
Nicole Martin
New Jersey
Remixing my wardrobe to create buzz-worthy, office-approved outfits! Find out more at: Creating Panache.
View my complete profile

Subscribe

Cross Pollination

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, February 3, 2011

Neutral Territory

P1010791

P1010793

P1010785
blazer: Zara (old - $50ish) ~ turtleneck: H&M ($8) ~ skirt: Banana Republic ($35ish) ~ belt & shoes: Target ($17 & $20) ~ necklace: gift

Date: February 3, 2011
Ensemble message: This outfit was built around my skirt... last winter, I belted it high on my waist with a black turtleneck sweater, and it was one of my favorite looks!  This time around, I wanted to soften it a bit and started out first with a pink sweater and heeled brown boots.  I added the blazer, but the pink sweater didn't look right.  So I grabbed this grey turtleneck, and then remembered the brown and grey stripey socks that Mama Claus* left in my stocking.

P1010789

P1010797

P1010792

So that's pretty much how my thoughts run when I put together an outfit.  Confusing?  Probably in writing, but it makes so much more sense if you physically saw me go through the process.  If anyone wants, feel free to come over and watch the insanity live and in person.  We can have a styling party.  In my closet.

P1010801

*If you didn't figure it out, Mama Claus = my mom acting as Santa Claus ;)

Trusted Colleagues

Dresses from Shabby Apple
indi custom banner

Recognition