Bzzz, bzzz ~

My Photo
Nicole Martin
New Jersey
Remixing my wardrobe to create buzz-worthy, office-approved outfits! Find out more at: Creating Panache.
View my complete profile

Subscribe

Cross Pollination

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, January 24, 2011

We Love Colors: Navy Tights



cardigan, t-shirt, & belt: Target ($15, $7, & $17 respectively) ~ skirt: Gap (gift) ~ tights: Nylon/Lycra Microfiber c/o We Love Colors ~ shoes: Marc Fischer via Macy's ($36) ~ earrings: Jess LC ($15 Black Friday sale)

Date: January 24, 2011
Ensemble message: Today marks the first day of We Love Colors week here on Employed Panache!  The lovely folks over at WLC sent me a few pairs of tights to review, so I am going to mix them into my outfits this week.  I have to say... I'm pretty darn cheap thrifty when it comes to buying tights.  I tend to put runs in them easily, so I go with whatever costs the least.  And my mom tends to buy me tights whenever she sees them on sale but never asks me to pay her back... yes, I'm totally an adult.  (Hence why I never highlight them in my outfit details ;)  But these tights from We Love Colors - they are a whole new level of thick!  I can tell that they'll last me awhile, which is great.  And thick equals warm, which was key this morning as I commuted to work in 2 degree weather.



So I must confess you guys... I feel like I cheated today as I got dressed.  I pretty much wore this same exact outfit on Saturday (new tights included - I couldn't wait!), but with a graphic tee and boots.  I was happy to remix this wool skirt into a weekend outfit - it's a great way to extend your wardrobe!  But when I woke up today feeling pretty lazy (like most Monday mornings) and saw the skirt and cardi hanging out on my dresser, I could not resist transitioning it all into something more work appropriate.


Also, We Love Colors will be giving a pair of microfiber tights to one lucky reader in the color of their choice - look for the giveaway details tomorrow!

Trusted Colleagues

Dresses from Shabby Apple
indi custom banner

Recognition