Bzzz, bzzz ~

My Photo
Nicole Martin
New Jersey
Remixing my wardrobe to create buzz-worthy, office-approved outfits! Find out more at: Creating Panache.
View my complete profile

Subscribe

Cross Pollination

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, January 10, 2011

Feminine Lumberjack

 


shirt: Old Navy ($25) ~ skirt: Ann Taylor Loft, thrifted via Goodwill ($8) ~ cardigan: Gap (gift) ~ belt: ribbon from cardigan ~ shoes: Marc Fischer via Macy's ($36) ~ necklace: Free People (gift)

Date: January 10, 2011
Ensemble message: With just a couple minor meetings today, I went for items in my closet that were comfy and warm.  I've also been trying to think of another way to style up this thrifted skirt, and this whole outfit just came to me while I was playing around in my closet yesterday.  I'm really loving the overall look, and have already thought of other ways to wear this skirt.  I sort of feel like a feminine lumberjack.  (Don't you love how I make up stuff to describe my clothes? ;)  I think it was the mix of the soft plaid, chambray shirt, textured tights, and nubby cardigan.  If only I had more rugged lace-up booties, that would have perfected this outfit!



It's actually pretty amazing how creative I can get with just an hour of pulling clothes off the hanger and out of drawers.  If you feel like you're in a style rut, I highly recommend putting aside some time, maybe with several inspirational photos, and see where your wardrobe will take you.  I bet you'll be surprised by how many new looks you come up with!

Trusted Colleagues

Dresses from Shabby Apple
indi custom banner

Recognition