Bzzz, bzzz ~

My Photo
Nicole Martin
New Jersey
Remixing my wardrobe to create buzz-worthy, office-approved outfits! Find out more at: Creating Panache.
View my complete profile

Subscribe

Cross Pollination

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, January 4, 2011

2011 Resolutions


We are just 4 days into 2011 and by now, a ton of other bloggers have already posted their New Year's resolutions.  Heck, some started stating their resolutions last week, when it was still 2010!!  Well, here's a tidbit about me: I am a shameless planner who won't feel right until all details are carefully and thoroughly evaluated.  Every. Single. Detail.  So of course I wanted to see what other people wrote and then took some time to think through mine!  The fact that I'm able to write down my resolutions just 4 days after the start of the new year is actually pretty darn good... but onto what I am determined to do this year, broken out by category, of course.  (See what I mean?  Love them details! ;)

Blogging Resolutions:

  • Set goals and stick to them.  I have a ton of ideas for Employed Panache, and I usually write scribble them down in a notebook that's usually with me.  While this is great for brainstorming and spontaneous moments of inspiration, it doesn't necessarily mean anything else happens with these ideas.  So this year, I am going to get more organized and even write out a timeline of what I want to post and when.  For now, this will be done in an Excel or Word document... but if any of you have other suggestions, please let me know!
  • Network more.  When I first started blogging, I read a lot about how building your network is key gaining both readers and knowledge.  Since I'm pretty shy, even behind the computer screen, it took me awhile to really venture out there.  Now that I have, I am so lucky to have my little community!  And in 2011 I will expand my blogger family by meeting more of you, virtually or in real life.

Personal Resolutions:

  • Treat my body right, especially on the weekends.  I am pretty healthy, especially if I'm in my routine during the weekdays.  However, it doesn't take much for me to bend and this really rings true for the weekends.  Some people have a splurge meal or splurge day... mine goes from 5pm on Friday until Monday morning!  This year, I will consistently make healthier choices, which includes better choices when eating out and actually working out on the weekend.
  • Get my condo on the market.  So The Husband and I have been ready to move for a little while now, but our condominium is not yet listed.  Why?  We've been procrastinating in order to tidy things up a bit, and also because the housing market is pretty darn scary right now.  But we just have to get it out there and see what happens.  Sooo... anyone want to purchase a nice condo in Northern NJ? ;)

Cross-Over Resolution:

  • Be aggressive, be be aggressive!  This is a very special resolution because it applies to both blogging and my personal/professional life... as I mentioned above, I tend to mull information around in my head for awhile before taking action - probably definitely longer than necessary.  And, I'm a natural introvert.  In 2011, I am going to push myself outside of my comfort zone and be more aggressive and take more risks.  This could apply to finding/working with sponsors to speaking up more at the Day Job to wearing something I normally wouldn't (check back tomorrow for my first attempt at this!)  
So that's that!  Five solid resolutions for 2011.  What are your resolutions??  This is going to be a fantastic year and I can't wait to share it with you all!  Stay connected with all of Employed Panache's happenings through bloglovin', Twitter, and Facebook!

Trusted Colleagues

Dresses from Shabby Apple
indi custom banner

Recognition