Bzzz, bzzz ~

My Photo
Nicole Martin
New Jersey
Remixing my wardrobe to create buzz-worthy, office-approved outfits! Find out more at: Creating Panache.
View my complete profile

Subscribe

Cross Pollination

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Inspired: The Style Sample



shirt: The Hubby's ~ skirt: thrifted via Goodwill ($8) ~ shoes: Marc Fischer via Macy's ($35) ~ necklace: Free People (gift)

Date: January 4, 2011
Ensemble message:  As I mentioned in yesterday’s post, one of my resolutions is to put myself out there more and take risks.  Because I did not have any big-time meetings, I figured why not wear something a little outside of my comfort zone.  Personally, I think wearing almost head-to-toe plaid is a pretty brave move!  I first created this look last week after seeing this post by Tamia of The Style Sample.  While I didn't outright copycat her with double plaid shirts and an ankle grazing skirt, I am probably on the verge of plagiarism ;)  But, I'm giving credit where credit is due!  So thank you Tamia, I just discovered your blog a couple months ago but it has become a source of constant inspiration.


I almost wore this outfit last week only because I knew that my office would be a ghost town.  But then I forced myself to put it aside for when everyone was back from their holiday vacations.  After all, it’s not really risky if no one sees you, right?  If I was a bit nervous as I drove into work, all that disappeared when I finished taking pictures.  So, I held my head high and barely noticed any odd looks I may have gotten!  I am very proud of myself and want to see what other brave outfits I can come up with.  What risks do you want to see yourself taking??


(My only afterthought is that the top is just a smidge too big… but then again, I stole borrowed it from my husband :)  Next time, I would probably wrap and pin it to be more form fitting, an maybe roll up the sleeves a bit.) 


Trusted Colleagues

Dresses from Shabby Apple
indi custom banner

Recognition