Bzzz, bzzz ~

My Photo
Nicole Martin
New Jersey
Remixing my wardrobe to create buzz-worthy, office-approved outfits! Find out more at: Creating Panache.
View my complete profile

Subscribe

Cross Pollination

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Ten Pounds, Loud Sounds



top as dress: F21 ($20) ~ long sleeve t: Old Navy ($8) ~ skirt: Gap Outlet ($20) ~ jacket: Target ($35) ~ tights: Ralph Lauren (gift) ~ shoes: ?? via Macy's (so old... I think this was my first "professional shoe" purchase after college!) ~ necklace: gift

Date: October 6, 2010
Message ensemble: I had this outfit put together in my closet since Sunday night - when I partake in my favorite activity: planning outfits for the week ;)  If you remember back to this other rainy day post, the "top" is actually a dress.  I've seen so many other bloggers putting skirts over the bottoms of dresses or shirts over the top of them... what a great way to extend your wardrobe!


I also wanted to address something that's been on my mind.  A friend seemed a bit surprised that I referred to my stomach as a "buddha belly."  Please trust that I didn't say it to get attention or confidence boosters from your comments.  I was just being honest on how I view my body.  I know that I'm not fat, but even though I post pictures of myself online, I have insecurities too.  Just as soon as I admire a girl's flat belly, she's jealous of another girl's toned butt.  And great butt girl is wishing she had toned arms, and... well, you get the point.  Either way, I just hope I didn't accidentally alienate any of my readers!


Just curious though... what do you guys think about bloggers talking about their insecurities??

Trusted Colleagues

Dresses from Shabby Apple
indi custom banner

Recognition