Bzzz, bzzz ~

My Photo
Nicole Martin
New Jersey
Remixing my wardrobe to create buzz-worthy, office-approved outfits! Find out more at: Creating Panache.
View my complete profile

Subscribe

Cross Pollination

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, October 14, 2010

Glitter on the Wet Streets



sweater: Banana Republic ($25ish??) ~ skirt (actually a dress): F21 ($23) ~ scarf: F21 (bought when I was college poor... so probably <$10) ~ cuff: gift ~ boots: Rocket Dog via Famous Footwear ($40)

Date: October 14, 2010
Ensemble message:  Today my outfit was one that could transition easily from the crisp but sunny morning into the NJ nor’easter that hit Northern this evening.  Plus I think the AC is still on in my office, so more layers for today.  Which I’m ok with… I feel like layering is a natural skill for me.  Now I just have to get brave and pair things that don’t necessarily belong ;)  But this blog, the other blogs I read, and your feedback are all very encouraging!


I added this ancient scarf for some color and also for brainstorming and good, focused work.  I don’t know what it is… knitted scarves just feel right and make me feel good.  I’m headed into my busy period at the Day Job, but I also feel like a need a little more.  A little something new and different – hence the brainstorming.  Good vibes = good brainstorming.  Scarves give me good vibes :)


I do believe the scarf worked!  Despite the now icky weather, I am in a good mood.  I am focused and have direction and will rock the Day Job!  Ok, the personal pep talk is probably a bit much... when you guys need a pick up, what works for you?  Pep talks, music, a shopping trip?? :)



Trusted Colleagues

Dresses from Shabby Apple
indi custom banner

Recognition