Bzzz, bzzz ~

My Photo
Nicole Martin
New Jersey
Remixing my wardrobe to create buzz-worthy, office-approved outfits! Find out more at: Creating Panache.
View my complete profile

Subscribe

Cross Pollination

Powered by Blogger.
Thursday, October 28, 2010

Introducing... The People's Panache


Hi everyone!  I'd like to announce a new feature... The People's Panache!  While the content here at Employed Panache has been focused on how I bring my personal style to the workplace, this is just one girl's perspective.  And one of the reasons why I started blogging is because I was so inspired by other's style.  So, I figured why not use Employed Panache as a platform to see what others wear to work as well!

So this feature is really easy... if you want your smiling face up on this blog, just e-mail me at employed.panache@gmail.com.  Oh, and please answer a few quick questions so we can get the whole picture:
  • What is your name?  I'll only display first names for privacy
  • Do you have a website, and if so, please leave the address (free publicity! ;)
  • Where do you work?  If you don't want to name your actual company, then title or industry works too.
  • What is the dress code at your office?
  • How do you bring panache to the workplace?  You can describe go-to outfits, certain accessories, overall style, etc.
What are you waiting for?  Send me your pics now! :)

Oh and for my co-workers at the Day Job who are reading this... I have no problem taking your picture and featuring you - just say the word ;)

Now, onto some outfits pics!  These pics are from last Friday.  Keeping with the People's Panache theme, I will answer my own questions for you...



graphic t: Fossil ($20) ~ corduroy blazer: Old Navy ($? oldest blazer I own!) ~ pants: Target ($22) ~ scarf: free gift from Express ~ shoes: Steve Madden via Famous Footwear ($14) ~ earrings: gift

Date: October 22, 2010
Ensemble message:  As I've mentioned, I work in Human Resources.  Throughout the day, I can end up meeting new hires, going into meetings with leadership, and dealing with employee relations issues.  I need to look presentable, even on Fridays.  Scarves are the perfect accessory because they can dress up the outfit, add a delicate touch or texture, and be functional by keeping you warm.  So, I like to bring more panache to the office with a scarf.  This one is definitely very plain, but I think it brings some interest to the overall outfit.



Trusted Colleagues

Dresses from Shabby Apple
indi custom banner

Recognition