Bzzz, bzzz ~

My Photo
Nicole Martin
New Jersey
Remixing my wardrobe to create buzz-worthy, office-approved outfits! Find out more at: Creating Panache.
View my complete profile

Subscribe

Cross Pollination

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Black Knee Socks


"The most beautiful colors chase the sun
They wrap her trail in a taunting gesture
That seems to sing out loud,
'this is what you're missing'"
~Local Natives "Sun Hands"



Date: October 20, 2010
Ensemble message: Today was one of few meetings, and they were all with people I've been working with for a long time.  In other words, it was safe to experiment with knee socks!  Let me tell you, I had many doubts leaving the house... but it finally got to the point where I was going to be late, so I just went for it.  Lo and behold, I actually got a lot of compliments!  So I'm glad I took the plunge.


dress: F21 via Delightfully Tacky ($20) ~ long sleeve tee: Old Navy ($8) ~ belt: UO ($14) ~ socks: Target ($5) ~ shoes: Marc Fischer via Macy's ($36)

What do you guys think about knee socks?  I see them all over the fashion blogosphere and on Chictopia... I think they look great, but you have to be careful about how cutesy the outfit is.  Unless that's your thing... super sweet and cute isn't really my style ;)



Trusted Colleagues

Dresses from Shabby Apple
indi custom banner

Recognition