Bzzz, bzzz ~

My Photo
Nicole Martin
New Jersey
Remixing my wardrobe to create buzz-worthy, office-approved outfits! Find out more at: Creating Panache.
View my complete profile

Subscribe

Cross Pollination

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Knit Moto Sweater


"And you said it was like fire around the brim
Burning solid, burning thin the burning rim
Like stars burning holes right through the dark
You gave fire like saltwater into my eyes
You were an inch from the edge of this bed
I drive you back a sleepyhead..."
~Passion Pit "Sleepyhead"



Date: October 19, 2010
Ensemble message: Today I wanted to mix traditional with a bit of edge.  I think I've mentioned it here before... but I absolutely love mixed "themes" in clothing!  The traditional is the straight black skirt, black tights, and flats.  The funky giraffe print tank isn't necessarily edgy, but definitely interesting.  The grommet belt and moto sweater adds just enough of a tough spin to work.


tank: Target ($8) ~ skirt: Esprit (part of an old suit) ~ moto sweater: Urban Outfitters (gift) ~ belt: H&M ($10) ~ shoes: BCBG (gift) ~ earrings/necklace: gift for being my sister's maid of honor

So no creeper today, which was nice!  (Just in case any of you have been concerned for my well being ;)  Tonight I actually got home at a decent time and plan on totally relaxing.  So far so good... The Hubby is cooking dinner (I made the rice!) and we have Fleet Foxes on the record player.  Yeah, you read right... Record. Player.  Vintage, to boot.  We're weird like that... in fact, when Hubby heard that I was putting an end to the music lyrics in my titles, he was very disappointed.  I think the titles are what he likes best about this blog, lol! :)  What I'm going to do instead is randomly add lyrics to my posts.  Now you can see where they come from...  Might as well give credit where credit is due!


Trusted Colleagues

Dresses from Shabby Apple
indi custom banner

Recognition