Bzzz, bzzz ~

My Photo
Nicole Martin
New Jersey
Remixing my wardrobe to create buzz-worthy, office-approved outfits! Find out more at: Creating Panache.
View my complete profile

Subscribe

Cross Pollination

Powered by Blogger.
Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Dripping With Alchemy


sweater: Anthropologie ($35) ~ skirt: RD via Century21 ($20) ~ tights: ?? ~ shoes: BCBG (gift) ~ bangle: thrifted via Beacon's Closet ($8)

Date: October 5, 2010
Ensemble message: Here's the thing about this sweater... it was a regretted spontaneous buy.  I know, shame on me, but I was younger and not so wise.  Let's rewind to early spring of 2007... I hated my Day Job at the time and often took the full lunch hour just so I didn't have to be in the office.  One of my favorite places to escape to was the local Anthropologie.  During a usual noon time prison break, I saw this sweater on the sale rack.  My reasons for buying it was very simple: it was from Anthro and it was on sale.  Don't get me wrong, I love the art deco-ish criss-cross design... but it's cropped and my buddha belly has never been a favorite body part.  So, as spontaneous buys usually go, this sweater sat in my closet for the past few years.


Luckily for me, high waisted skirts have come back in style, giving the sweater a second chance!  I tucked in the bottom of the sweater so that the zipper detail was not hidden... I think it makes the whole outfit a little tougher.


It's not often that I wear all black.  Not even when I was living in New York City did I succumb to the black-only wardrobe.  I wasn't trying to look morose but I guess subconsciously I knew this would be a rough week at work.  To keep me going, besides downing coffee, I just keep reminding myself that my worst day at the Day Job is nothing compared to what I endured at that last job.  Then I smile and keep going :)


Trusted Colleagues

Dresses from Shabby Apple
indi custom banner

Recognition