Bzzz, bzzz ~

My Photo
Nicole Martin
New Jersey
Remixing my wardrobe to create buzz-worthy, office-approved outfits! Find out more at: Creating Panache.
View my complete profile

Subscribe

Cross Pollination

Powered by Blogger.
Monday, July 19, 2010

Shake It Like a Ladder to the Sun




khakis: Express ~ t-shirt: Target ~ trapeze blazer: Ann Taylor Loft ~ sandals: UO ~ bracelets: bangle thrifted, guitar string bracelets via WearYourMusic.org ~ necklace: reconstructed from keyring



Date: July 19, 2010
Ensemble message: My intent was to go for a sloppy preppy look today (if that makes any sense).  I saw this picture on Chictopia and was totally inspired, but I think I fell short.  It all started with the rolled khakis and sandals, which was so casual that I wanted to add structure.  In comes the cropped trapeze blazer, which in these pictures makes me a look a little frumpy*.  I also would prefer a little more panache in the way of patterns, or an interesting texture.  

Any one have suggestions on how I can re-mix the cropped khakis?  Think I should go for total copy-cat look and wear a cardigan next time?  



* I got a tripod over the weekend!  Unfortunately, I took about 7 pictures total before my camera's battery died (hence no jewelry close-ups), so I’m not even sure this is the best angle I could have taken.  I don’t think I’m that frumpy IRL, haha!  And I only say that because when I inspected myself in the office bathroom mirror, I appear more polished than in this pics.  I think I need to explore different areas of my condo, or a new backdrop altogether…

Trusted Colleagues

Dresses from Shabby Apple
indi custom banner

Recognition