Bzzz, bzzz ~

My Photo
Nicole Martin
New Jersey
Remixing my wardrobe to create buzz-worthy, office-approved outfits! Find out more at: Creating Panache.
View my complete profile

Subscribe

Cross Pollination

Powered by Blogger.
Saturday, July 3, 2010

Paint Your Canvas Right

I recently wrote about cultivating your personal style and feeling like yourself in what you wear. I wanted to follow this up with a post about how much power you have when building that personal style. I recently stumbled upon the website Put This On and a post about why their blog, A Web Series About Dressing Like a Grownup, really matters. While some may argue that you should not judge a book by its cover, the fact is that most people make judgment based on your first impression within seconds.

Think about your body being a blank canvas and that your clothing, accessories, etc., are your paints. What you wear can speak volumes upon first impression. Yes, whoever you are interacting with should then base their impression of you on what you say. But why shouldn’t you tell them right away?

Be conscientious of the power behind the first impression, and you can use this to your advantage. For example, when I went to training last week, I carefully chose what I packed. I wanted to look professional while also expressing my personality. With some careful planning, you will learn how to balance your message along with personal style. And trust me, you’ll feel darn good about yourself :)


On a separate note, I am on vacation in Maine for the week! This will give me time to catch up on my pictures so I’ll be able to post outfits that I wore only a day or two before (vs. a week or two). Also, I’m hoping to post a couple outfits to show how I’ve remixed work clothes into play clothes. Enjoy your 4th of July!!!

Trusted Colleagues

Dresses from Shabby Apple
indi custom banner

Recognition