Bzzz, bzzz ~

My Photo
Nicole Martin
New Jersey
Remixing my wardrobe to create buzz-worthy, office-approved outfits! Find out more at: Creating Panache.
View my complete profile

Subscribe

Cross Pollination

Powered by Blogger.
Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Pinspired: Black Turtleneck

P1010948

P1010953

P1010949
sweater: Gap (gift) ~ shirt: Old Navy ($24) ~ jeans: Target ($14) ~ boots: Chinese Laundry via Macy's ($65) ~ necklace: Free People (gift)

Date: January 20, 2012
Ensemble message: A mid-week casual look!  I wore this on a Friday in January after being inspired by this photo on Pinterest.  You should know that my thinking at times can be very straight and narrow, so I'm always looking to expand my perceptions so I don't limit my creativity.  This outfit is a great example of this... at one point in my life, I would have looked at the original photo and scoffed that it's silly to pair a collared shirt with a turtleneck.  Fast forward a few years later, I may have admitted that it looked cool, but that I couldn't pull it off for a number of reasons.  Fortunately, an older and wiser self saw this photo and immediately thought, "Awesome!  Now I know what to wear on Friday."

P1010951

I guess the moral of the story is to keep your mind open.  Do you find yourself limiting what you wear, eat, do, etc.?  How do you break out of that comfort zone??

Trusted Colleagues

Dresses from Shabby Apple
indi custom banner

Recognition